Slider

Recent Tube

Local

International

Life & style

Entertainment

Events

Fashion

» » » » Luester drops debut album



Norton based rapper, Sasha 'Luester' Makurumidze is set to release his debut album titled 'Reborn' this November.

The young rapper is clearly not holding back no punches if the track list is anything to go by. The 10-track album contains tracks like 'Ahead of the game',
'Zim Towns', '7 reds', 'Mambo weTrap', 'Reconciliation' among others.
" When you are in an industry such as ours you gotta prove your own worth when you step behind that microphone.
"You hold back at your own peril, that is how most rappers end up falling by the wayside. I wanted to come out 'all guns blazing', so-to-speak, in order to let everybody else know what I stand for and that i deserve their respect.
"I am confident that this album will put me and my hometown, Norton on the radar as well. REBORN is all about how my aim to revolutionize hip hop with my sound, lt is all about the rebirth of hiphop", said the rapper.
For his debut effort, the young man worked with quite a number of producers, from  the likes of Wel l want to work with Forcus, Young nush to Sly.

" I worked with different producers in order to give each and every song a distinct feel. I wanted each track to be able to stand alone and avoid any redundancy", he said.
Luester said that he was inspired by the likes of Jnr Brown among others, artists that he said he felt deserved respect for what they had done for hiphop locally.
He himself said that he was attracted to hiphop because it was not only a music genre but a culture unto itself.
"Hiphop is not just another genre of music, its a way of life that cuts across geographical and cultural boundaries. It is a medium and voice that speaks for and unites people.
"It is there to enlighten, to entertain and for me when I was introduced to hiphop, it was love at first sight", he said.
The Norton born and bred rapper said that he was working on videos to some of the tracks and that fans should be able to see them before year end.

«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments: